Your vehicle has sustained some damage in a recent fender bender and your insurer has approved your claim and has provided you with a list of their approved auto body shop services in Miami to work on your vehicle.
However, you’re unsure if the companies on their list are right for your specific needs. That’s okay. You’re entitled to a second opinion when it comes to choosing the right company for the job. It is good to work with companies that are licensed, bonded, and insured so that you get the best service.
If you’re looking for the best Miami paint and body shop, MTJ Paint and Body recommends following these 5 steps before making your decision:
- First and foremost, understand the insurance company’s agenda – although you may be thinking that these companies are your only choices, you don’t have to choose one of them. These companies usually have an agreement with insurers for a discount or special rate for the customers they refer to them. Remember, insurance companies are only interested in protecting their bottom line when it comes to accident claims.
- Be sure you choose a certified shop – this is a must. Body shop companies in Miami typically have more than one type of certification such as aluminum-certified collision repair or brand-certified repairs. It’s important to research these certifications to ensure you’re choosing the right shop to work on your vehicle.
- Check them out in person first – if you’ve done your homework and have a list of Miami paint and body shop candidates, check each one of them out in person. Are they busy or is their lot empty? Do the customers seem satisfied or are there complaints about their service? This will provide you with more realistic expectations for the quality of repairs they provide.
- Choose quality, not cheap and quick – this is extremely important because quality work is going to last considerably longer than work that has been provided cheaply and quickly. It may save you money initially, but shoddy work could lead to more costly repairs down the road.
- Remember, it’s all about reputation – price matters more to the insurance companies than the quality of service. Check out customer feedback and third-party reviews of the companies on your list. Google and Yelp.com will provide more honest reviews than what you’ll read on an auto body shop website in Miami.
In addition to the above, be sure you choose a collision center that can handle all facets of the body shop process in Miami. For more information about choosing a Miami paint and body shop, call MTJ Paint and Body at (305) 632-1914 today.